Thursday, April 16, 2009

Running Here and There

Thought I would talk about a few things in this post that are product related.

Ran today in the new Brooks Infiniti 2 shoe (Check out the website). It was an amazing feel and really had a great response. One of the things that I like about Brooks shoes is that they are ready to go right out of the box. Not the "break in time" that some other brands would require. Many times I have thought that I would feel ok running a race in a new, right out of the box pair of Brooks. They just get it right! The Infiniti 2 gives you a firm comfortable feel with just enough support to let your feet and legs do the work they are meant to do. It is so important when "shopping" for shoes that we consider not only how the shoe feels on our feet but how it supports all of the bones and muscles that lead to the feet. Can't wait to get the second pair out Saturday for the run.

Hammer Nutrition has introduced a couple of new products in the supplement area that I have been taking the past few weeks and I wanted to share with you a little about them. The first one is the Endurance Amino caps. The Endurance Amino caps help build, maintain, and repair lean muscle mass. They also are a powerful support to the immune system. I take them before, during, and after training runs. The other new supplement product that Hammer has is called AO Booster. AO Booster provides an arsenal of powerful fat-soluble antioxidants to help the immune system even more. It helps reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, and enhances
fats-for-fuels utilization. Two great new products! I have really noticed their effectiveness.

The Eugene Marathon is next up for me on May 3rd. Looking forward to the trip out to one of the most significant running cities in the world. I plan on taking in all of he history that surrounds the legendary city and also run in a great marathon on a fairly flat course. Not planning on tapering much up to the race and will plan on getting the training started right after the race for the next marathon on June 7, The Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon in Deadwood, SD.

I have been communicating with many of you about your upcoming races. It's great to hear from you and please know that I wish you all the best and hope you achieve the goals for the race that you have set. I'd like to hear from you about your race schedules and your running plans in general. Just drop me an email at mileswithmickey@yahoo.com.

Forward we go! May your roads and trails be happy and safe!

No comments: