Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doubling Report

I wanted to take a moment to report on how the doubling runs were going this week. As promised, I will let you know how I am doing with this concept posted earlier. This week, my running schedule starts with a morning run and cross training in the afternoon on Monday-Wednesday-Friday and then on Tuesday and Thursday I start with a longer morning run followed by a shorter run in the afternoon. On Tuesday I did a Tempo run and on Thursday I did a Fartlek run in the morning. Then in the afternoon an easy run. On Saturday, plans call for my long run of the week followed by a shorter run on Sunday.

I really like the concept of doubling and getting additional miles in for the week. I have to say though, there are two very important factors. First. Stretch! It is very important to stretch before your runs and after each run. Then repeat the process for the afternoon session. Also, a few minutes of stretching during the day will help too. Second. Hydrate! It is important to hydrate on regular days, but with doubling it is even more important. Especially this time of year. Both stretching and hydrating have had a significant impact on the success of the week's training. It will be a 60+ mile week. I'll let you know in a few days how things are going for the next week.

Forward we go! May your roads and trails be happy and safe!

No comments: