Friday, June 19, 2009

The Great Urban Race/OK Let's Do This!

The Great Urban Race. What a fantastic idea. Did I just stumble on this and no one told me about it? This is a must do! The Great Urban Race is, and I quote: "A wacky urban adventure. Teams of 2 solve 12 clues, while having a wild city adventure completing fun challenges". Shape Magazine says,"Think of it as a one day Amazing Race." The race series started in February. I guess that's why I missed it. I was on the roads of Texas running the Texas Quad Marathons October through February.

The races are held in major cities or ones close to major cities. And like I said they started in February in Tampa Bay then went to: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Austin, Atlanta, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Boston, Portland, Madison, and Denver. Upcoming cities include: Chicago, New York City, Seattle, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Normal,IL., San Diego, and then New Orleans for the Championships.

This group also has another version called the Warrior Dash which was this past week and was sold out. More difficult and perhaps more challenging depending on what you are looking for.

This is such a great break from the traditional races that it would be great to get a team up and head for one of these cities. It's not too late for this year, but there will be more races in 2010 to look forward to. More later on these races I'm sure.

Forward we go! May your roads and trails be happy and safe!

No comments: