Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ironman Kansas 70.3 Update 9

Today was the really last day of training that had any distance to it. Tapering has been a little hard as I went some extra distance today and realized that I should stick to the schedule. I ran 4 mile, swam 2000 meters and biked 20 miles. Saturday wil be a short workout of just getting loose. Through all of that I realized that I have done about all I can to get ready for my first Ironman 70.3. That's very hard for me to say because I am a worrier. I over think everything. Over plan every thing. And also tried to seek information from about everyone I can think of.

It really just come down to me and all of you. But... I've got to swim 1.2 miles. Ride 56 miles. Run 13.1 miles. You all will be along with me. We'll get wet, sweat, swim hard, pedal hard and run like the wind. I will try to the best of my ability to do the best I can. Everyone's help has been amazing and the support has been overwhelming. It has given me energy and confidence. Doubt has raised its head several times only to be stifled by your warm encouragement and help.

My family has been a huge support. They are incredible. To Berta, Andy and Katiy, and Kelsey and Ryan I say thank you for all you have done. I love you all for all you do for our family! We're a great team! I thank God for the ability to even think that I can do this and then give me the gifts to swim, ride, and run in His name. Through His power we can do all things.

Tomorrow is a rest day with a rip to the race site and expo tomorrow afternoon and dinner with the FCA Team Endurance Crew tomorrow night. Until then....

Forward we go! May your roads, trail, pools, and lakes be happy and safe and may they bring you peace of mind!

No comments: