Thursday, October 20, 2011

More than You Want to Know

Hope this post finds you all well and getting out there and doing something active. Go for it!

People

To the pick-up driver that just passed me a few minutes ago on my ride out on the county road, all I can say is "really". The fact that you nearly forced me off the road and that you left me in a cloud of black smoke, I really hope it made you feel better. I can never understand when people do that. I have mentioned it several times in this blog before, but it just keeps happening. Wait I have an idea. I'll just ride down the middle of the lane as slow as I can and drop smoke bombs every once in a while to make you feel at home. Oh and I forgot to mention that the squeal of your tires at the same time as the smoke was well coordinated. Drive on my friend!

Training Tips/ New Ideas

I have decided to devote more of my coaching time to possums and raccoons. After seeing how they end up on most roads, I feel a need to help the rest of them out a little. So I am opening up slots for the new branch of Miles With Mickey Coaching Camp. I figure the number one priority will be working on speed. That will be accomplished through a series of training plans that include sprints, fartleks, intervals, and the new run for you life workout. Also, we need to work on getting shoes for these creatures. They will have to be racng flats since they only need to go 20-30 feet at a time. Wind-aided I think we could really make some progress. I will also offer the idea of finally wearing headlamps specially fitted for the little guysand gals. Tail lights at this time seem a bit unnecessary. Racing/workout clothes will be optional. I kind of like the fur look and it could catch on with the east coast friends. At this time the camp will not be open to the skunk population due to that oder thing. Sign-up sheets will be available soon!

Confusion

Cash register persons.

Award Winning Recipie from Chef Mickey

Peanut Butter Toast

Take some kind of whole grain bread that has not molded and put it in a toaster or fancy toaster over for you advanced cooks. Press down on the lever on the side making sure the heat setting is not set on burn like you sometimes do. When the toast pops up after a bit, get the natural peanut butter out (Or if you don't care, the junky kind) and spread it on the toast. Eat immediately. I is really no good if left sitting while you go off and do something else. For higher income bracket individuals the peanut butter may be substituted for almond butter, cashew butter, or another kind of high dollar spread. Enjoy!

Advice

Now that colder weather is upon us please know that all gear is not created equal. There are some companies that make clothing that just won't stand up to cold and wet weather. Research what you buy and your running and cycling, walking world will be much much better. Yes, the more you spend the better gear you get. You're worth it!

Take Care of Yourselves and be Safe!

No comments: