Saturday, April 12, 2008

"To infinity, and beyond"

Buzz Lightyear, in the movie Toy Story, said, "To infinity, and beyond". That's exactly how I felt wearing my Brook's Infiniti shoes during the ultra-marathon that I ran last weekend. The Infiniti is the latest in Brook's line of Guidance category shoes. Brook's provides the following description of the shoe: "Roll out the red carpet for the Infiniti. Plush meets performance in this new shoe, with stacked MoGo in the forefoot for a cushy toe-off and just the right amount of guided stability to curtail mild overpronation. Don’t let its good looks fool you—this rising star is ready for serious mileage". The shoe really met all of my expectations and then some. The feel and support were amazing! It was a very important part of the success of my race. Of all the pieces of equipment that we runners buy, I can't stress enough the importance of a good shoe! Take care of the feet first. Fashion later. Too many runners are wearing shoes that need to be replaced. Depending on the miles you put in on your training, regular shoe rotation (yes, I firmly believe you should buy two pairs of shoes at a time) should be in your plans. I know cost is a factor. I do believe that dollars invested in shoes will be very well spent in terms of how you feel about running and how well your body feels about running. Brook's offers many options in men's and women's footwear. Take a look at what they have to offer. As with any shoe, please go to a qualified person to help you find the right shoe that meets your needs. It will save you in the long run. No pun intended.

Forward we go! May your roads and trails be happy and safe!

No comments: