Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kansas Ironman 70.3 Update 2

Today's training went well. Started off with an early morning swim. We began at the outdoor pool and will be there the rest of the summer. The outdoor pool has 50 meter length lanes instead of the 25 meter lanes at the indoor pool. There was a cooler temperature difference when you figure in the outdoor air too. Today's distance total was 1,900 meters. The sunrise during the swim was incredible. Will probably wear my new wetsuit Friday that I got today along with my tri-suit. We also started at a new time of 5:00AM which meant a 4:00AM wake-up, dress and get the skin suit on, take Hammer supplements, and eat a banana on the drive to the pool. During the swim I drank a special energy drink mix and after the training swim I had a whey protein drink. Breakfast consisted on Peanut Butter and Whole Wheat Crackers this morning. I know, but it is good protein and carbs.

Mid-Morning snack was another banana and a Brown Rice Protein drink. Today's lunch was 3 sliced hard boiled eggs on flatout bread with pickle relish mixed in. Also, had two oranges. During the day I had 2 packets of Emergen-C for a total of 2,000mg Vitamin C in 16oz of water.

Before my afternoon training ride I had a protein bar that I make here at home that settles very well on the stomach and provides a great blend of protein and carbs before the ride or run. I usually have 2 bars. The training ride this afternoon was a 40 mile ride with 4- 10 minute threshold paces within the ride. I am really liking my new carbon aero bars. Provides a great position in a variety of riding situations and really takes pressure off my back. what a fantastic acquisition! After the ride I had a Hammer Recoverite drink and will then have dinner (Yet to be determined) and the before bed the Casein shake with a banana.

Felt good about training today. Especially the ride this evening. Weather was again a threat in the forecast as was this morning's forecast for the swim. We really have had enough rain for a while! Enough!

Friday the wetsuit will provide in water challenges as well as challenges on dry land of getting it on and off. I have had some great suggestions of using Body Glide as well as plastic baggies to help get it on and off. I may charge admission Friday just to watch the rookie struggle to get the suit on for the first time.

Tomorrow is a short run and a shorter ride. Will give you the full report tomorrow evening.

Forward we go! May your roads, trails, and pools be happy and safe and may they bring you peace of mnd!

No comments: